Localization Specialist (Korean to French)
- Betting and Gaming Jobs
Localization Specialist (Korean to French), d/f/m, Berlin or Remote, Freelance possible
As a Localization Specialist, you will be responsible for translating, editing, and managing various types of content from Korean into French for the popular mobile game Cookie Run: Kingdom among other titles.
You will join a dedicated team working across multiple continents to ensure that all game content, including patch notes, press releases, and other related materials, are accurately translated and localized to meet the needs of European audiences.
This position offers an unparalleled opportunity to contribute to the success of Devsisters' current and future titles.
This role will report into the Managing Director Europe.
- Translate and edit game content, including in-game text, dialogues, tutorials, and descriptions, from Korean into French.
- Ensure that translations are accurate, culturally appropriate, and localized to meet the needs of European audiences.
- Collaborate with other teams to manage the localization process, ensuring that deadlines are met, and quality standards are maintained.
- Assist in testing localized content to ensure that it functions correctly in the game.
- Identify and report issues or potential problems with translations or localized content.
Who you are:
- Native fluency in French, with excellent writing and communication skills.
- Excellent proficiency in Korean, with the ability to translate accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to work with decent overlap to Korean Standard Time (GMT +9).
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to spot and correct errors in translated content.
- Experience in game localization, or a strong interest in the gaming industry and willingness to learn.
- Familiarity with CAT tools (e.g., Lokalise, MemoQ, Trados).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
Nice to Have
- You have a great passion for video gaming across all platforms
- Previous experience in a startup
- Fluent in any other European language
- Advanced language knowledge
- Advanced writing skills