Terms and Condition of Use
LocalHr.co (herein “we”, “us”, “our” or “LocalHr”) is a specialist online career platform which provides matching services between prospective candidates and employers through its website, accessible at https://localhr.co/ (the “Site”), focusing on foreign language professionals, powered by Polilingua Ltd.
Please read the following terms and conditions (the “Terms”) carefully, along with our:
- Terms and Conditions of Supply of Services
- Code of conduct
Each of these documents is incorporated by reference into these Terms.
These Terms rule any use which you may make of the Services. This includes the posting of employment opportunities on the Site and matching services to identify potential candidates for such employment opportunities. These Terms also explain the process for contacting candidates/job seekers and provide pertinent information in relation to amongst others, cancellations and liability.
These Terms shall be updated from time to time. Any users of the website are advised to check the provisions of these Terms periodically to keep themselves updated.
By using Our Website or otherwise availing yourself of any of Our Services, any user is hereby agreeing to be legally bound with immediate effect by these Terms. If the user does not want to be bound by these Terms, they should leave this Website immediately and they should not use our Services.
LocalHr.co is a website powered by Polilingua - a limited liability company, registered and incorporated under the laws of UK and having its registered address located at 2 Harton Street, London, England SE8 4, GB
In these terms:
“Advertisement” means any content or material advertising a product or service;
“Agreement” means the Agreement for the provision of Services by LocalHr.co to the Employer;
“Employer Order” means an order for Services in a form provided by LocalHr (in any format) and signed by an Employer;
“Content” means any material or content which is displayed on the Website;
“Contract Term” means the full term specified in any Employer Order;
“Job Posting” refers to a vacancy advertised by a Employer on the Website;
“Job Seeker” means any User who registers their details on the Website for the purpose of finding employment;
“Job Seeker Database” means LocalHr.co’s database of Job Seekers details;
“Profile” means account information and any details provided by a Job Seeker or Employer who registers their details on the Website;
“Employer” means any person, company, organization or firm including recruitment & corporate organizations who are actively seeking a person or persons for employment or who purchases any Services from LocalHr.co;
“Recruitment Advertising” means a term used to describe the advertising of a specific job vacancy pertinent to the Employer, via the Website;
“Services” means all recruitment advertising services made available by LocalHr.co via the Website;
“User” means any individual, company or organization using the Website;
“Website” means http://www.localhr.co and any associated localhr.co websites.
3. Use of the Site
Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or revise the service we provide on the Website without notice as well as suspend access to our site or close it indefinitely. We will not be liable if, for any reason, the Website is unavailable at some time or for a certain amount of time.
The information and services available on the Website are provided for the only purpose of Job Seekers looking for employment opportunities and career information and for Employers seeking to recruit. Under these only purposes any website user may use, print and download Content from the Website. No use may not otherwise copy, display, transmit or distribute any material from the Website under personal or commercial purpose.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of Content must always be acknowledged.
The material displayed on the Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, LocalHr.co, other members of its group of companies and third parties connected to it hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or equity; and
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, ability to use or the results of the use of the Website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it including, without limitation, any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time and for any other loss or damage of any kind however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable
- In the event that the Client makes a claim against LocalHr.co for whatever reason, LocalHr.co’s liability (if any) shall not exceed the price paid or to be paid by the Client for the services. Under no circumstances shall LocalHr.co be liable for any consequential, indirect or special losses however arising or for any loss of profits, revenue, interest, goodwill, business and/or savings (whether direct or indirect).
Information about You and Your visits to the Website
Links from The Website
Where the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties these links are provided for Your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from Your use of them.
Employment Agencies and Recruiters
Job Seekers and Recruiters need to be aware that the Website operates as a venue only and does not introduce or supply Job Seekers to Recruiters (or vice versa). This means that we do not:
- obtain sufficient information for potential Recruiters to select a suitable Job Seeker for the position which the Recruiter seeks to fill;
- obtain confirmation of the identity of a Job Seeker or that they have the experience, training, qualifications or authorization to work in the position to be filled or that they wish to undertake the role to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure the Job Seeker and Recruiter are each aware of any requirement imposed by law or otherwise which must be satisfied by either of them to permit the Job Seeker to fulfil the position to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure that it would not be detrimental to the interests of the Job Seeker or the Recruiter for the Job Seeker to fulfil the position to be fulfilled;
- give any indication to Recruiters whether Job Seekers are unsuitable (or suitable) for any position to be filled in any circumstances;
- propose Job Seekers to Recruiters or provide any information about them;
- take up any references in relation to a Job Seeker; or
- make any arrangements for accommodation of Job Seekers.
4. Terms for Employers
LocalHr.co: TERMS AND CONDITIONS specific for employers (herein “client”, “clients”, “you” or “employer”, “recruiter”)
LocalHr.co is a digital recruitment advertising company specific to the linguistic sector powered by Polilingua Ltd, where Job Seekers respond to jobs advertised by Employers.
Registration and Account
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your Employer’s Profile and passwords, as applicable. You may not share Your password or other account access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently, and You shall be responsible for all uses of Your Profile and passwords, whether or not authorized by You. You agree to immediately notify LocalHr.co of any unauthorized use of Your Profile, or passwords.
You understand and acknowledge that if You cancel Your Profile or Your Employer’s Profile is terminated, all Your account information, including saved CVs, network contacts, and email mailing lists, will be deleted. Information may continue to be available for some period of time because of delays in propagating such deletion through LocalHr.co web servers.
Content and Links
If an Employer's Job Posting or advertisement contains a link to another site via the “Apply Online Option”, the Employer is responsible for maintaining the links and for the content of the Job Posting or advertisement and the linked site. LocalHr.co may, at any time, remove from the Website any Job Posting or advertisement which contains content or links to a site which, in its opinion, is defamatory, illegal or objectionable or will bring the Website or LocalHr.co into disrepute. The Employer shall indemnify LocalHr.co from and against any claims or liability arising from content or links contained in its Job Postings or advertisements.
Employers are solely responsible for their Job Postings on the Website.
There are rules regarding the content and format of Job Postings posted on the Website to ensure that Job Seekers who search the Website receive results which are presented as clearly and informatively as possible. Employers agree that LocalHr.co may, at its discretion and without liability to the Recruiter, remove from the Website any advertisement which is posted in breach of these rules. The rules may change from time-to-time.
- Unless otherwise notified in writing by an authorized officer representing LocalHr.co, fees will be remitted to the LocalHr.co bank account or by cheque payable to LocalHr.co, mailed at our registered address. Online payments may also be carried out by PayPal and such payments shall be subject to PayPal’s terms and conditions.
- Once a contract has been agreed or renewed, LocalHr.co does not accept any cancellation of then agreed services. No refunds will be given and outstanding invoices will remain payable, unless agreed otherwise
- The packages are for a minimum term of 12 months unless otherwise agreed by LocalHr.co. In the event of early termination, no refunds will be given, outstanding invoices will remain payable, and the fees in respect of any outstanding minimum term shall become immediately payable. These services will automatically be renewed for a further 12-month term on the same terms and fees as are applicable on the date immediately prior to the relevant anniversary date, unless either party gives the other written notice to terminate at least 28 days prior to such anniversary.
A Job Posting may not contain:
- any hyperlinks, other than those specifically authorized by LocalHr;
- misleading, unreadable, or "hidden" keywords, repeated keywords or keywords that are irrelevant to the job opportunity being presented, as determined in LocalHr’s reasonable discretion;
- the names, logos or trademarks of unaffiliated companies other than those of Your organization save where expressly agreed by LocalHr.co;
- the names of, regions, cities, towns or countries that are unrelated to the posting;
- more than one job or job description, more than one location, or more than one job category, unless agreed upon otherwise (bulk upload job posts)
- inaccurate, false, or misleading information;
- material or links to material that exploits people in a sexual, violent, illegal or other manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 16.
You may not use Your Job Posting to:
- post jobs in a manner that does not comply with applicable local, national and international laws, including but not limited to laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity and employment eligibility requirements, data privacy, data access and use, and intellectual property;
- post jobs that include any screening requirement or criterion in connection with a Job Posting where such requirement or criterion is not an actual and legal requirement of the posted job;
- sell, promote or advertise products or services;
- post any franchise, pyramid scheme, "club membership", distributorship, multi-level marketing opportunity, or sales representative agency arrangement;
- post any business opportunity that requires an up-front or periodic payment or requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents;
- post any business opportunity that pays commission only unless the Job Posting clearly states that the available job pays commission only and clearly describes the product or service that the Job Seeker would be selling;
- promote any opportunity that does not represent bona fide employment;
- endorse a particular political party, political agenda, political position or issue;
- promote a particular religion;
- post jobs which require the applicant to provide information relating to his/her (i) racial or ethnic origin (ii) political beliefs(iii) philosophical or religious beliefs (iv) membership of a trade union (v) physical or mental health (vi) sexual life (vii) the commission of criminal offences or proceedings or (vii) age.
Responses to Advertisements
- Recruiters agree to deal fairly and professionally with Job Seekers who may respond to a Job Posting or Advertisement and not do anything which may bring LocalHr and/or the Website into disrepute. You shall indemnify LocalHr from and against any claim brought by an individual against LocalHr arising from Your breach of this obligation or any other of these Terms.
- LocalHr does not guarantee any response to an Employer’s Job Posting or that responses will be from individuals suitable for the job advertised. It is the responsibility of the Employer to carry out such checks and procedures as are necessary to ensure that Job Seekers are suitable for the job advertised and have the required qualifications and personal characteristics.
- LocalHr reserves the right to remove any Job Posting or content from the Website, without liability which in the reasonable exercise of LocalHr’s discretion, does not comply with the above Terms, or if any content is posted that LocalHr believes is not in the best interest of LocalHr.
- Please note that Employers are required to read and accept our Terms and Conditions of Supply of Services prior to LocalHr providing any products and services.
5. Terms for Job Seekers
Registration and Profile
When You register with the Website, You will be asked to create a Profile and provide us with certain information including a valid email address (Your "Information").
Any Profile including Your CV/resume or details You submit must be accurate and describe You, an individual person.
You acknowledge and agree that You are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any CV or material contained therein which is added to Your Profile.
You understand and acknowledge that You have no ownership rights in Your Profile and that if You cancel Your Profile account or Your Profile is terminated, all Your Information, including CVs, cover letters, saved jobs, questionnaires will be removed from the Job Seeker Database and will be removed from any public area of the Website. Information may continue to be available for some period of time because of delays in propagating such deletion through LocalHr web servers. In addition, third parties who You have permitted to view Your Profile or aspects of it may retain saved copies of Your Information.
LocalHr.co reserves the right to delete Your Profile and all of Your Information if You do not access Your Profile for 12 months.
Job Postings contained on the Website are provided by Employers and are not reviewed by us. We accept no responsibility or liability for the contents of Job Postings and expect Job Seekers to carry out such verification procedures as are customary and prudent in the circumstances.
Services and information provided on the Website by us and LocalHr third party suppliers are intended to assist in the job seeking or recruitment process. Neither LocalHr nor third party suppliers can guarantee their suitability or prospects of success in any particular case. A User should obtain independent verification before relying on information provided on the Website.
6. Data Protection
- if we alter the existing services we provide;
- if we add new services to the LocalHr.co or
- if we need to for security, regulatory or legal reasons.
- By using the LocalHr.co website you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions govern your agreement with us for your use of the all services listed on the LocalHr.co:
- CV Database Service or candidate Search service;
- the Job Application Service;
- the Job match Service; and
- the Jobs by Email Service known as Job Alert Service;
each as defined below. The candidate search service, the Job Application Service, the Job match Service and the Job Alert Service shall each be a Service and collectively known as the "Services". These terms shall apply to all of the Services except for where they are expressly stated to apply to one Service only.
- The CV Database Service is the service provided by us which allows employers to view, search, purchase and access CVs of job seekers held on the LocalHr.co database via the website.
Job Seekers can add their CV to the searchable CV Database when applying for a job by signing up and creating a profile.
- The job application service (the "Job Application Service") is the service provided by us which allows employers to place their advertisements on the LocalHr.co website and candidates to apply for those jobs by:
- making a job application directly through the LocalHr.co website;
- The Job match service (the "Job match Service") is the service provided by us through which we will, on behalf of the employer, contact suitable job seekers (who have agreed to such contact) with details of an advertisement placed by the employer on the LocalHr.co website.
- The Job Alert Service (the “Job Alert Service”) is the service provided by us which allows you to select your preferred job criteria and then receive emails containing details of jobs that fulfill your criteria.
- LocalHr.co does not produce introductions between employers and job seekers (or vice versa), and nor does it supply candidates to employers.
- To the extent that you wish us to share your information and CV with employers (either through the CV Database Service or the Job Application Service) you consent to our sharing your CV, together with any additional information you provide to us, with the employers who use the LocalHr.co website. This means that you give us:
- a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license of any rights, including intellectual property rights, in your CV and any additional information you provide to us on the LocalHr.co website, to share or otherwise use such CV and additional information as we reasonably require to fulfil the services we provide on the LocalHr.co website; and
- the right to grant a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide sub-license of any rights, including intellectual property rights, in your CV and any additional information you provide to us on the LocalHr.co website, to employers for their recruitment related activities.
Deletion of your CV / Closing your account with us
- Where you choose to delete your details and/ or CV we will not retain a copy of it on our database and it will not be made available to recruiters. Please note however we are not able to control the storage of your details and/ or CVs by recruiters.
- If you wish to close your individual account with us or remove your details then please contact us.
Problems with the LocalHr.co website
- If you experience any problems with the LocalHr.co website or wish to make a complaint about the LocalHr.co website, any of the Services available on the LocalHr.co website or any recruiters who you feel are abusing the service we provide then please contact us at [email protected]
These terms and conditions for the Jobs Website are up-to-date as of 01.04.2020.