German - Accounting - Subject Matter Expert
- Translation, Localization, Interpretation Jobs
Our client company develops ERP software for optimizing accounting workflows and financial processes. We are looking for an experienced accountant to help review all German translations in context in the client’s software products to confirm that the content is accurate, logical, and understandable to the accounting target audience.
- Provide detailed feedback on any innacurate terminology, ensure transitions within the software follow accounting principles, and that the software complies with German accounting methodologies, etc. Any amends/revisions will subsequently be implemented by a system expert.
- Review the client’s German glossary and based on your industry expertise, you will recommend/confirm the most appropriate terminology.
We are looking for candidates who fulfil the following requirements:
- Certification: WP (Wirtschaftsprüfer) - CPA equivalent
- Preferrably based in Germany
- Strong working proficiency in English
- Experience in working with accounting software (QuickBooks, Peachtree/Sage, ProSystem fx, other accounting or auditing-related database software, etc.)
- Any previous linguistic experience is a plus (proofreading, translation, quality assurance)
- Must be comfortable with going through a background check required by the client to access their internal software system
- Microsoft Office
- Proofreading and editing skills