- IT, Software development, System Engineering Jobs
We are looking for a Technical Writer who will be responsible for the generation of all Switch Studios content. You will ensure that quality assurance standards are consistent and maintained at all times and ensure that the requirements of various stakeholders around documentation, help and other content are met.
Research Rules, Software, and Standards
- Researches and develops an understanding of the software before creating the documentation.
- Develops an understanding of the current and related company software.
- Develops their writing style to meet the expected professional standards.
Creates Marketing Documents
- Ensures that new marketing documents are completed on schedule.
- Ensures that all changes and updates are made, and that the document is kept up to date at all times.
- Ensures that the software described both accurately and in an appropriate tone.
- Ensures the document is accurate, quality assured and free of errors.
- Works towards improving marketing standards and adding creative flair.
- Assists with any additional Copywriting requirements and tasks.
- Advises on and resolves defects and errors timeously.
- Completes Certification documentation and administration.
- Resolves products queries.
- Supporting other Technical Writers with queries, reviews and assistance.
- Supporting Dev, Dev QA, BA and Testing with general queries.
Creates Technical Documentation
- Ensures the desired deliverables are obtained from kick-off meetings and that these are properly documented.
- Ensures that new documentation is completed on schedule.
- Ensures that new documentation is quality assured and free of errors.
- Liaises with stakeholders to ensure that documentation is usable and readable.
- Liaises with relevant parties to ensure that the software and documentation are congruent.
- Keeps all information up to date by liaising with all relevant parties.
- Works to reduce the amount of time to produce documentation.
- Works to bring the documentation library up to modern standards to reduce errors.
- Improves rate of error resolution and reduces number of errors and defects.
Key technical Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3yrs in a copywriter’s role preferably within a software company
- Experience in the provision of both creative & technical copywriting
- The ability to write good, clear copy in a variety of styles (with accurate spelling and grammar)
- Good understanding of Microsoft Suite such as Word and Teams
- Excellent team player with a collaborative approach to working
- Ability to adapt quickly and react to shifting priorities
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to self-motivate
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines
- Preferable: experience in using content delivery platforms such as Confluence
- Preferable a degree in a discipline related to the role
- Microsoft Office
- Document management
- We understand that having a healthy work-life balance is essential and in return for your dedication we offer multiple benefits to suit your needs including flexible working hours, free health insurance, free gym membership, daily lunch allowance, pension scheme with company contributions starting from your first payslip, 25 days a holiday per year, social events and much more.