Translator-Reviser - English to French- EN
- Banking, Finance, Insurance, Accounting and Trade jobs
As an English to French Translator/Reviser, you help promote the organization’s projects, policies and programs by designing, developing and translating communications and sharing them within Desjardins Group and with its members and clients.
You advise and assist clients and partners on important translation and language services matters. You recommend solutions to improve or optimize standards, policies and programs. Your projects and initiatives require extensive knowledge of your line of work.
You prepare recommendations, solutions and action plans based on the organization’s objectives and priorities. You help solve complex problems using your analytical skills and extensive knowledge of the line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.
You translate a wide variety of internal and external documents from English to French, including marketing materials, contracts, correspondence, business requirements, training materials and internal communications. Daily work will include a considerable amount of editing and proof-reading.
Daily work may also include post-editing, writing, inter-revision and providing guidance to internal clients.
Linguistic Services provides centralized translation, editing, advisory and proof-reading services to Desjardins. We’re passionate about the way Desjardins communicates – both internally and with our members and clients.
- Diagnose issues, challenges and needs related to the translation of strategic documents that significantly impact the Desjardins brand and image to determine target outcomes
- Develop and help implement objectives, solutions and action plans
- Analyze data, conduct studies, make recommendations and write reports
- Translates, edits and proof-reads the organization's documents, including many strategic documents that have a significant impact on the Desjardins brand and image
- Completes work as assigned by project manager(s) in line with productivity and quality targets
- Uses suitable terminology for the financial services and insurance sector
- Assures the quality of work done by internal colleagues and external suppliers
- Occasionally supports and advises clients
- Post-edits, edits and proofreads documents
- Carries out French terminology and linguistic research, to ensure linguistic consistency across the organization
- Helps develop and improve work methods, tools, and procedures, along with other specialists in the field
- Develops and disseminates editing and translation standards and helps develop French versions and adaptations of slogans, signatures and themes created for Desjardins Group's advertising and corporate communications
- Provides support to internal partners and external providers as needed
- Helps develop the terminological lexicon and style guide used by the Linguistics team.
Other Working Conditions
- Workplace: Position located in Lévis or Montreal, depending on the applicant selected. The work arrangement for the position is full-time telework or hybrid work
- Number of jobs available: 1
- Bachelor's degree in Translation or in a related field
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in translation or in an other relevant experience
- Experience translating financial documents
- Experience revising and post-editing translations
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Training or education in economics, law, or a related field (an asset)
- OTTIAQ certification required (Canadian Editors’ Association or ATIO certification an asset)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Advanced language knowledge
- Proofreading and editing skills